dinsdag 14 april 2009

Factory girl or spoiled brat?



Currently I'm reading Edie: American Girl and I found myself changing my mind concerning this Factoy Girl.

As far as I'm concerned; this 'Factory Girl' was more of a spoiled brat and the first of - what we like to call 'em today - the failing generation of singerslashmodelslashactressslashmuse-blondies.

Until so far, I only read the first 90 pages which are devoted to the long history of the Sedgwick's; a family so disturbingly arrogant it's almost funny. For example: how Edie's great-great-great-great-grandpa Minturn Sedgewick accused the Kennedy's of stealing funeral procedures.

It's not a great deal of literature, but it is a great deal of entertainment. Therefore I recommend you all; if you ever run into Edie: American Girl for like €8.99, go get it. It's definitely worth the 9 euro's.

However, in the end of it all she was and is the it-girl of the 60's and one never gets bored with good sense of style. Despite of everything, I'm remaining fan of her style; black eyeliner, chandeliers, tights and sweaters, somewhere there's a beatnik in me ready to wake up...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten