dinsdag 14 april 2009

How a ticket to The Sounds became a ticket to euh - crap.

If you ever happen to find yourself at a party where the Uncomfortable Silence strikes, you'll find this story to break the ice.

So me and my sister went for a night out. We were heading for The Sounds in Paradiso, Amsterdam. We survived the night but unfortunately our tickets didn't... See, after we entered the club, I put the tickets down in my back pocket and went for a little visit to the ladiesroom. I did my thing and just as I was about to leave the bathroom I heard SLURP - SLURP...
And there they went.
Both tickets.
One-by-one.
Flushed away.
Straight to hell.

And I just stood there. Watching my tickets flushing away. And then it hit me like a magic mushroon hitting a french tourist. I CRACKED UP. I don't know if it was the booze, the Paradiso-vibes or the actual fact that I just flushed my tickets away along with the content of my stomache, but I couldn't stop laughing for at least 15 minutes. I left the bathroom quite embarassed as I passed the waiting line holding my breath.

Ofcourse, my little loyal sister was waiting in the hallway and after yelling at her - the last time we went to a concert and SHE lost the tickets - I tried to figure a way how to explain this little incident her in a way where I would not be the clown who just flushed the ticket through the toilet. Eventually, I decided there's none and I went for: "Eve, I flushed the tickets down the toilet."

Oh well. We may not have scrapbookworthy tickets to remind us to this wonderful evening but we will definitely remember this evening for a awkwardly long time...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten